Tuesday, August 9, 2011

From Rick & Mary

"... I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints." Ps 52:8b-9

We want to thank everyone who attended Sunday night's prayer service (and really all those who have attended the past four services too) it is good for the body of Christ to gather and thank Him for His great works, not only in Isabel's life but the Wimmer-Browns and many other families and friends as we discern how to love one another well. You are a great encouragement to us. Thank you all.

Sunday was one of those "bumps" in the road. Isabel had a fever, laborious breathing and an elevated heart rate. She looked exhausted and fearful. By 10:00pm the nurse had given her antibiotics and the ice packs from earlier were bringing her temperature down. She was breathing more normally and resting better.

Yesterday was a good day. Isabel appeared rested and more alert, tracking with her eyes, responding to various forms of stimuli. Isabel held eye-to-eye conversations with friends in the evening and smiled! She also assisted the physical therapist during her leg therapy session.

Today, Rick gave Isabel a marker and paper and requested her to draw a circle, she did, twice.

Give glory to her Creator King with us!

4 comments:

  1. Drawing a circle twice is fantastic news! It's practically thrilling. I can hardly register how far she's come. I can't wait to see her when I come tonight. Today I have a branch of thyme for her from the community garden. It is such a delight to spend time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Images of her early "Is Cards" came into my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with Isabel yesterday evening, and I was doing my usual thing of reading to her and singing a few songs.... and I kid you not... she was seriously giving me this look that in-no-uncertain terms said "you. are. so. boring."

    So I got out the markers and the paper, and you wouldn't believe the focus and concentration Isabel is putting into trying to get the tip on the page and make it draw. She's trying *so* hard... it is one of the most inspiring things I think I've ever seen.

    After about 15 or twenty minutes I wanted to give her some time to rest, but she really didn't want me to take the marker out of her hand. Once she figured out that by moving her arm at the elbow she could draw a nice, long straight line, she wanted to keep doing it over and over. She held on pretty tightly to that marker.... She wanted to keep drawing more lines! and so then I felt guilty but she was getting tired. I can't wait to be with her again. She is tenacious and I am eager to see how she'll impress me next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God for circles!!! Two particular circles!

    ReplyDelete