Friday, August 12, 2011

What is like this?

Photographic images of outer space from the Hubble-spectacular, amazing.

7 children carried in the womb and birthed-some may say this is remarkable but what is remarkable is that each is a singular, unique, inexplicable work.

Watching an infant develop, grow, express his inherent individuality-oodles of books map out the develpmental process (but not the individuality part).

But watching Isabel...watching Isabel "rise from the dead".  What is like this?

July 2 "may not live through the night"  to August 9 initiating purposeful movement, turning to look at one who calls her name, filling her glowing face with a smile and twinkling eyes in response to a dear friend's silliness, furrowing her brow at an inconceivable suggestion and by August 11 deliberately lifting (with aid from her papa) a spoon with an ice chip to her eager open mouth.

No book has been written nor could be with a logical progression of waking and coming back to life.

We watch and live in this moment of abundant, spilling over wonder.  Don't we all?

Daily bread is given and received.

Life and love are freely given.

Forgiveness and abounding love are repeatedly applied to our failures at aforementioned life and love.

"Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods?  Who is like You, glorious in holiness, awesome in splendor, doing wonders?"  Exodus 15:11

Thoughts from Mary

2 comments:

  1. We are getting the miracle that we have been praying for. I had the extreme privilege to be with Is on Wednesday. I witnessed just that....the miracle. I couldn't believe what I saw: the gentle sqeeze of my fingers, the full face smile when I got a little silly with her, opening her mouth to take water, the nod and shake of her head when I asked questions and said the "wrong" name. We talked, knitted and finally she slept. Thank you so much for sharing her with me. I love you and continue to pray. Amy Wimmer Wells

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read and re-read what you have written here!!! Mary, my beautiful sister, you SHOULD write a book. You found the most perfect and beautiful way to explain what is going on here. I hope that you are documenting all this just as you have done here. You are amazing to me.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete